Foodies helping Bristolians eat.
There are some amazing Bristol food bloggers who spend their entire lives eat the best places to eat in Bristol so you don’t even have to. Here’s 21 Bristol food blogs you definitely need to check out.
One of Bristol’s best known foodies, Shonette has an abundance of reviews which combine not just Bristol’s delectable paradises but also boozie pub crawls. Look out for her monthly food and drink round ups.
— Shonette (@Shonette) March 1, 2017
The queen of Bristol food bloggers is probably Emily Knight. Some even say Bristol Bites are ‘the definitive guide’ to food and drink in Bristol (hint, that’s their headline). You’ll find a lot of reviews of different places here, and also a whole lot of directories of almost anywhere that does food.
One of the head honchos of Bristol’s food bloggers is Bristolian Thom Whitchurch. Foozie combines the various foodie and boozy (hence Foozie) events to provide Bristol with an awesome place to find something delicious and or drinky to do. Oh and they also run a multitude to really cool Bristol events
Bristol’s best food and drink app have recently started producing a host of fantastic guides for Bristol’s brilliant food scene, covering everything from mac and cheese to pale ale spots.
Another big beast this one. Founded back in 2010 over a bottle of Pinot by Becci and Gemma. Incredibly comprehensive, covering anything from best baby friendly places in Bristol to reviews of macaroons.
6. On The Plate
Not as active as they used to be but still a great resource for recipes and foodie highlights from around Bristol.
Run by Abby since 2012, Bristol Eating Adventures‘ reviews are very in-depth, pouring over the recipes of Bristol’s establishments. Brucie bonus: one of their favourite bands is Duran Duran.
“You were lampooning me….it was a simple lampoon”. Not strictly just a food blog, this probably has the best name of any Bristol blog full stop. It’s run by the brilliant Dan Izzard who uses ruddy good pun heavy reviews here, a case in point being his ‘ploughmania’ review.
10. It’s Just Nice
Juggling everything nice about Bristol (it’s a big list obviously). Reviews are superb and even give you sexy recipes, like peanut butter chocolate chip jam muffins for goodness sake!
‘Skint foodie, ex bedsit dweller, lady on a budget’. Charlie is responsible for a variety of brilliant food reviews for different Bristol publications. As well as Bristol’s best food places she also covers off some tasty homemade recipes.
12. Girl in Bristol
Definitely not a bloke in Blackpool. She does great reviews of food in Bristol with an extra bonus: sexy pictures of food that’s the definition of food porn.
Not just strictly a food blog, Lily covers off a raft of different subjects. Yet when she puts her pen to food she is one of the best in town. A case in point: Bristol Best Bits Eatchu
Creators of an awesome Bristol food tour you’ll also find a host of great guides within the realms of their blog.
15. Avon Gorged
Not exactly prolific but Avon Gorged offers restaurant reviews, info about local producers and lots on beer.
16. CJ Callaghan
Awesome writer about things going on Bristol. Certainly knows a thing or two about Bristol’s food scene as well.
17. Crumbs Mag
You’ll find the award winning magazine sitting in Bristol cafes and restaurants. The website has a raft of reviews of Bristol’s latest places.
19. Vegan Bristol
They review everything in Bristol that is Vegan related with over 300+ vegan, vegetarian, vegan friendly places listed. If you don’t eat cheese this is the place for you.
A fantastic resource for new openings, reviews and everything that’s great about Bristol’s food scene.
21. Great Food Club
Great Food Club celebrates the best food and drink independents and guides you to them. The website has plenty to read with all the food porn you can lay your eyes on.
Did we miss any of your favourites out? Then please shout at us and tell us who and why they should be included.
Like this? Then find out the 33 Bristol tweeters you need to be following.
The 20 Best Bristol Street Art Pieces Of 2017
Best Bristol Street Art
It’s been another great year for the local street art scene. Here’s a list of some of the best art from 2017, some of it is still there to view and some has been replaced; all part of the natural evolution of the art form. We were treated to another stellar Upfest festival which is the biggest in Europe and in my opinion the best. Anyway, here is the list. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram (@streetartbristol) for many more photos from this year and fresh work as we make our way into 2018. Happy new year!
1. Paul Monsters (@paulmonsters) & Copyright (@copyrightart)
2. 3dom (@3dom22)
3. Liz C Illustration (@lizc_illustration)
4. Irony (@whoamirony) & Boe (@placee_boe)
5. Kobra (@kobrastreetart)
6. Voyder (@voyder) & 3dom (@3dom22)
7. Woskerski (@woskerski)
8. Kristx (@kristx_)
9. Aspire (@aspireartwork) & D7606 (@d7606)
10. N4T4 (@n_4_t_4)
11. Dzia (@dzia)
12. Andrew Burns Colwill (@andrewburnscolwill
13. Lemak (@lemak_art)
14. Si2 (@hull_graffiti)
15. Melike Painting (@melikepainting) & Nino Viegas (@nunovviegas)
16. Bex Glover (@bexgloverart)
17. Unknown Artist
18. Cheo (@cheograff)
19. Louis Masai (@louismasai)
20. Angus (@angusart85)
Bristol’s Hidden Street Art Part 1
Hidden street in Bristol: Shop Shutters
I used to think I kept fully up to speed with the urban art scene in Bristol and knew the majority of locations to find anything of interest. Then one day I went for my usual wander around Bedminster and realised this wasn’t totally the case. This did happen to be 8 o’clock on a Saturday morning so more importantly what the hell was I doing up and out at that time?! This was during the week before Upfest 2017 so I wanted to make sure I had photos of all the pieces soon to be lost.
All along North Street was art I hadn’t seen before; on shop shutters! I probably had seen a couple of them on a previous weekend wander but there were maybe 6 or 7 completely new to me, some more classical graffiti and some more so ‘street art’ by brilliant artists. This started a quest to walk around my usual graff/art spots of the city on weekends or after closing times to see what other art was waiting for me. Here’s is some of what I found.
1. Andy Council (@andycouncil) – North Street, Bedminster
2. Dan Leo (@danleodesign) – Stokes Croft
3. Sled One (@sledone) & Smak (@smaktown) – Moon Street, Stokes Croft
4. Ok so this one isn’t a shop shutter but still deserves a shout. By 3dom (@3dom22) in Brislington/St Annes
5. Alex Lucas aka Lucas Antics (@lucas_antics) at Stokes Croft Vintage Market
Alex has done more recent shutters on North Street that I don’t have a photo of (yet!) but it’s white butterflies on black background, go find it and tag your Instagram photo with #streetartbristol 👍🏻
6. Mayflower Chinese Restaurant near bus station, artist unknown
7. Mr Impossible by Loch Ness (@lochnessart) on North Street
8. Jamaican Diner, North Street. Artist unknown
9. One of my favourites on North Street is this one by Copyright (@copyrightart)
10. Lokey (@lokey_bristol) at North Street Standard
11. The Bollywood Beauty Lounge on North Street
12. Tamrakar on North Street
13. SHAB (@s.h.a.b) at North Street Standard
14. A few doors away from Hamilton House in Stokes Croft
15. Dons Car Wash painted by Sepr (@sepr) in St Pauls
16. Another from Stokes Croft
17. Pete’s Barbers, West Street, Bedminster
18. Vandal by Nick Walker (@nickwalker_art) on St George’s Road
19. Another Mr Men & Little Miss themed shutter from Upfest 2016
20. Bird is the word, one on North Street…for a change 😏
That’s it for this article, part two of the list will be coming your way in the near future. If you enjoyed this please come and follow us on Instagram and tag your Bristol street art pics with our hashtag. Thanks for reading.
Follow us: @streetartbristol
Tag your photos: #streetartbristol
Bristol Pub Quizzes
It’s time for a good old fashioned Bristol pub quiz
There are endless places where you can find some good Bristol pub quizzes. Fridays and Saturdays are unlikely but here are loads of places Sunday – Thursday.
Monday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Flyer at 8pm on Gloucester Road
- The Lounge at 8pm on North Street
- The Shakespeare at 8pm in Redland
- Golden Lion music quiz at 8.30pm on Gloucester Road
- The Wellington at 8.30pm on Gloucester Road
Tuesday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Brass Pig at 9pm in Clifton
- The Bristol Ram at 7.30pm on Park Street
- Victoria Park at 8pm in Bedminster
- Mother’s Ruin at 9pm in the centre
- Bag of Nails at 8pm in Hotwells
- The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer at 7.30pm on Kings Street
Wednesday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- Crack Magazine Music Quiz at 9pm on the Christmas Steps
- Duke of York at 8pm in St. Werburghs
- The Cadbury at 8pm in Montpellier
Thursday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Hare on the Hill at 8pm in Kingsdown
- The Ship Inn at 8.30pm on Park Row
- The Red Lion at 9pm on Whitehall Road, St George/Easton/Redfield. BS5.
Sunday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Spotted Cow at 8pm in Fishponds
- The Anchor at 8pm on Gloucester Road
- Old Market Tavern Pride Quiz (first Sunday of each Month) in Old Market
Blankety Quiz – Found across Bristol and voted the best pub quiz in Bristol
Got any that we’ve missed? Pop them in the comments below.
Hyde & Co’s Launch Impressive New Cocktail Menu
A year has passed since Bristol’s finest cocktail bar last refreshed its menu, and it’s all change again at the...
A Response To ‘Gentrification By Instagram’
In response to Bristol 24/7 and Thomas Oxley: ‘Gentrification by Instagram’ First of all I should say to those that...
There’s A Gin Bus & A Rum Bus Coming To Bristol!
The Foozie bus series is returning to Bristol! After the hugely successful Foozie bus series last year, Bristol will again...
Outrage As Bearpit To Become Open Air Pool In Leaked Council Documents
Bristolians are up in arms after documents leaked from Bristol City Council show the city’s much maligned Bearpit is set...
An Amazing Bristol Brewery Is Set To Open In Finzel’s Reach
Left Handed Giant reaches closing stages of £1 million crowd funding campaign Bristol-based Left Handed Giant, one of the UK’s...
Don’t Be A F***ing No Show, Bristol
Don’t be a Fucking No Show This is an article I’ve wanted to write for a long time, but the...
Opinion5 months ago
Welcome To Bristol – As Long As You’re Not A C**t
Featured4 months ago
Why I F****ing LOVE Bristol
Bristol Guides8 months ago
74 Things To Do On Gloucester Road
Featured4 months ago
The Big Bristol 2017 Quiz
Places to Eat in Bristol4 months ago
The First British Dal Festival to Hit Bristol in 2018
Bars5 months ago
There’s A Website Reviewing Bristol’s Pub Toilets
Bars10 months ago
8 Awesome Places To Drink Gin In Bristol
Featured2 weeks ago
A Response To ‘Gentrification By Instagram’