The best places to play table tennis in Bristol
Table tennis isn’t just for hipsters in creative agencies these days. Thanks to Ping! Bristol there are tables dotted around Bristol if you want to play for free. Or alternatively you can sink a pint and whip out your blade (that’s table tennis lingo for a bat) in some of the best bars in Bristol.
2. The Canteen – Stokes Croft
3. The Bearpit….when it’s not occupied.
4. Pata Negra – Corn Street
— The Ox (@theoxbristol) July 30, 2015
5. Club Haus – Welshback
6. North Street – Bedminster
— UPFEST (@Upfest) July 17, 2013
7. Ping Pong Parlour – Easton
8. Vivo Sports Club – Welshback
9. Ashton Court
— Battle of the Paddle (@botpbristol) June 29, 2015
10. Revolutions – St Nicholas St
— Revolution Bristol (@BristolRevs) July 16, 2015
12. Montpellier Park
13. St. George Park
14. Dame Emily Park, Bedminster
15. Greville Smyth Park
16. Eastville Park
17. Wiff Waff, Baldwin Street
— Battle of the Paddle (@botpbristol) August 6, 2015
Not technically a physical location but these amazing guys put on table tennis events across Bristol.
Have we missed any of your favourite places to play table tennis in Bristol? Pop them in the comments!
The 20 Best Bristol Street Art Pieces Of 2017
Best Bristol Street Art
It’s been another great year for the local street art scene. Here’s a list of some of the best art from 2017, some of it is still there to view and some has been replaced; all part of the natural evolution of the art form. We were treated to another stellar Upfest festival which is the biggest in Europe and in my opinion the best. Anyway, here is the list. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram (@streetartbristol) for many more photos from this year and fresh work as we make our way into 2018. Happy new year!
1. Paul Monsters (@paulmonsters) & Copyright (@copyrightart)
2. 3dom (@3dom22)
3. Liz C Illustration (@lizc_illustration)
4. Irony (@whoamirony) & Boe (@placee_boe)
5. Kobra (@kobrastreetart)
6. Voyder (@voyder) & 3dom (@3dom22)
7. Woskerski (@woskerski)
8. Kristx (@kristx_)
9. Aspire (@aspireartwork) & D7606 (@d7606)
10. N4T4 (@n_4_t_4)
11. Dzia (@dzia)
12. Andrew Burns Colwill (@andrewburnscolwill
13. Lemak (@lemak_art)
14. Si2 (@hull_graffiti)
15. Melike Painting (@melikepainting) & Nino Viegas (@nunovviegas)
16. Bex Glover (@bexgloverart)
17. Unknown Artist
18. Cheo (@cheograff)
19. Louis Masai (@louismasai)
20. Angus (@angusart85)
Bristol’s Hidden Street Art Part 1
Hidden street in Bristol: Shop Shutters
I used to think I kept fully up to speed with the urban art scene in Bristol and knew the majority of locations to find anything of interest. Then one day I went for my usual wander around Bedminster and realised this wasn’t totally the case. This did happen to be 8 o’clock on a Saturday morning so more importantly what the hell was I doing up and out at that time?! This was during the week before Upfest 2017 so I wanted to make sure I had photos of all the pieces soon to be lost.
All along North Street was art I hadn’t seen before; on shop shutters! I probably had seen a couple of them on a previous weekend wander but there were maybe 6 or 7 completely new to me, some more classical graffiti and some more so ‘street art’ by brilliant artists. This started a quest to walk around my usual graff/art spots of the city on weekends or after closing times to see what other art was waiting for me. Here’s is some of what I found.
1. Andy Council (@andycouncil) – North Street, Bedminster
2. Dan Leo (@danleodesign) – Stokes Croft
3. Sled One (@sledone) & Smak (@smaktown) – Moon Street, Stokes Croft
4. Ok so this one isn’t a shop shutter but still deserves a shout. By 3dom (@3dom22) in Brislington/St Annes
5. Alex Lucas aka Lucas Antics (@lucas_antics) at Stokes Croft Vintage Market
Alex has done more recent shutters on North Street that I don’t have a photo of (yet!) but it’s white butterflies on black background, go find it and tag your Instagram photo with #streetartbristol ??
6. Mayflower Chinese Restaurant near bus station, artist unknown
7. Mr Impossible by Loch Ness (@lochnessart) on North Street
8. Jamaican Diner, North Street. Artist unknown
9. One of my favourites on North Street is this one by Copyright (@copyrightart)
10. Lokey (@lokey_bristol) at North Street Standard
11. The Bollywood Beauty Lounge on North Street
12. Tamrakar on North Street
13. SHAB (@s.h.a.b) at North Street Standard
14. A few doors away from Hamilton House in Stokes Croft
15. Dons Car Wash painted by Sepr (@sepr) in St Pauls
16. Another from Stokes Croft
17. Pete’s Barbers, West Street, Bedminster
18. Vandal by Nick Walker (@nickwalker_art) on St George’s Road
19. Another Mr Men & Little Miss themed shutter from Upfest 2016
20. Bird is the word, one on North Street…for a change ?
That’s it for this article, part two of the list will be coming your way in the near future. If you enjoyed this please come and follow us on Instagram and tag your Bristol street art pics with our hashtag. Thanks for reading.
Follow us: @streetartbristol
Tag your photos: #streetartbristol
Bristol Pub Quizzes
It’s time for a good old fashioned Bristol pub quiz
There are endless places where you can find some good Bristol pub quizzes. Fridays and Saturdays are unlikely but here are loads of places Sunday – Thursday.
Monday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Flyer at 8pm on Gloucester Road
- The Lounge at 8pm on North Street
- The Shakespeare at 8pm in Redland
- Golden Lion music quiz at 8.30pm on Gloucester Road
- The Wellington at 8.30pm on Gloucester Road
Tuesday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Brass Pig at 9pm in Clifton
- The Bristol Ram at 7.30pm on Park Street
- Victoria Park at 8pm in Bedminster
- Mother’s Ruin at 9pm in the centre
- Bag of Nails at 8pm in Hotwells
- The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer at 7.30pm on Kings Street
Wednesday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- Crack Magazine Music Quiz at 9pm on the Christmas Steps
- Duke of York at 8pm in St. Werburghs
- The Cadbury at 8pm in Montpellier
Thursday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Hare on the Hill at 8pm in Kingsdown
- The Ship Inn at 8.30pm on Park Row
- The Red Lion at 9pm on Whitehall Road, St George/Easton/Redfield. BS5.
Sunday Bristol Pub Quizzes
- The Spotted Cow at 8pm in Fishponds
- The Anchor at 8pm on Gloucester Road
- Old Market Tavern Pride Quiz (first Sunday of each Month) in Old Market
Blankety Quiz – Found across Bristol and voted the best pub quiz in Bristol
Got any that we’ve missed? Pop them in the comments below.
7 Awesome Festivals Coming Up In And Around Bristol
Our favourite festivals coming up in and around Bristol This has been one of the best Summers ever. Football almost...
The Time I Beat Bristol’s Scariest Escape Room
I’m put in many a tricky situation exploring the very ‘Best of Bristol’. Usually up high, scaling buildings and cranes...
Sampling The Lesser Known Ciders From Thatchers
Despite the recent rain, bbq season is upon us, and no camping trip or garden gathering is complete without a...
Bristol’s Biggest Food Festival Is Back
Bristol Food Connections 2018 is nearly here, so it’s time to plan your festival! Bristol Food Connections is one the...
Love Saves The Day Preview
Love Saves The Day Returns To Bristol Bristol’s biggest music festival returns to Eastville Park this May Bank Holiday Weekend...
Hyde & Co’s Launch Impressive New Cocktail Menu
A year has passed since Bristol’s finest cocktail bar last refreshed its menu, and it’s all change again at the...
Featured9 months ago
Why I F****ing LOVE Bristol
Featured9 months ago
The Big Bristol 2017 Quiz
Places to Eat in Bristol9 months ago
The First British Dal Festival to Hit Bristol in 2018
Featured5 months ago
A Response To ‘Gentrification By Instagram’
Bristol Guides8 months ago
The 20 Best Bristol Street Art Pieces Of 2017
History7 months ago
20 Bristol Pubs & Clubs That No Longer Exist
Featured6 months ago
Outrage As Bearpit To Become Open Air Pool In Leaked Council Documents
Places to Drink10 months ago
There’s A Baileys Cruise Coming To Bristol For Christmas